THE FOR BABY SAKE TRUST WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
About our terms
- These terms and conditions of use (Terms) explain how you may use this website and any of its content (Site). These Terms apply between The For Baby’s Sake Trust (we, us or our) and you, the person accessing or using the Site (you or your).
- You should read these Terms carefully before using the Site. By using the Site or otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree with any of these Terms, you should stop using the Site
- The Site is provided by us to you free of charge for information purposes only.
- If you make a donation then you are confirming that you are bound by these Terms for that donation.
- About us
- We are The For Baby’s Sake Trust a registered charity (number 1126459) in England and Wales as a company limited by guarantee, number 6713945). Our registered office is at 4 Meadway Court, Rutherford Close, Stevenage, Hertfordshire SG1 2EF.
- We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator and act in accordance with the Fundraising Code of Practice; further details are available https://www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk/code.
- If you have any questions about the Site, please contact us by:
- Using the site
- The Site is for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the Site.
- We make no promise that the Site is appropriate or available for use in locations outside of the UK. If you choose to access the Site from locations outside the UK, you acknowledge you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws where they apply.
- We try to make the Site as accessible as possible. If you have any difficulties using the Site, please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
- As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree not to: i) misuse or attack our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful (such as by way of a denial-of-service attack), or ii)attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site.
- We may prevent or suspend your access to the Site if you do not comply with these Terms or any applicable law.
- CAF provides us with some personal data this is used in accordance with our Privacy Notice.
- A donation does not create a contract and we have complete discretion over whether to accept it or not and we reserve the right to decline it for any reason and provide a full refund where applicable. Once we have accepted the donation, as a charity, we are not permitted to give refunds except in exceptional cases. If you have any queries regarding a donation or a donation you wish to give please contact us.
- We retain the discretion on how to use your donation but it will be used within our stated charitable objectives. As explained our our website, we are currently focused on breaking cycles of domestic abuse and giving babies the best start in life. We do this through working with families and also by working with policy makers, decision-makers and practitioners to promote system change.
- When you donate through CAF, and confirm that you are a UK tax payer in accordance with the Gift Aid scheme that is in force from time to time, we can reclaim Gift Aid. It is your responsibility to determine if you qualify for Gift Aid or not and we do not provide any legal, financial or taxation advice in this respect.
- CAF will send you an acknowledgment to confirm your donation. If you do not receive an acknowledgment, then you should contact CAF as soon as possible. We may also follow up with an acknowledgment of your donation.
- If you would like to make regular donations or become a major doner then please contact us using the details set out in these Terms.
- Infringing content
- If you believe that any content which is distributed or published by the Site is inappropriate, defamatory or infringing on intellectual property rights, you should contact us immediately using the contact details detailed above.
- Your privacy and personal information
Your privacy and personal information are important to us. Any personal information that you provide to us will be dealt with in line with our Privacy Notice available at https://www.forbabyssake.org.uk/privacy/, which explains what personal information we collect from you, how and why we collect, store, use and share such information, your rights in relation to your personal information and how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a query or complaint about the use of your personal information.
- Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
- The intellectual property rights in the Site and in any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software or other information or material submitted to or accessible from the Site (Content) are owned by us and our
- We and our licensors reserve all our intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, all copyright, trade marks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind) whether registered or unregistered anywhere in the world. This means, for example, that we remain owners of them and are free to use them as we see fit.
- Nothing in these Terms grants you any legal rights in the Site or the Content other than as necessary for you to access it. You agree not to adjust, try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the Site or the Content (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular, in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the Site or the Content.
- Trade marks: Use by you of any trade marks on the Site or in the Content, including any of our own and those belonging to third parties, such as Fundraising Regulator, CAF, Mailchimp, various social media sites are trade marks of those respective organisations is strictly prohibited unless you have the required permission, which may include prior written permission.
- Submitting information to the site
- While we try to make sure that the Site is secure, we do not actively monitor or check whether information supplied to us through the Site is confidential, commercially sensitive or valuable.
- Other than any personal information which will be dealt with in accordance with our Privacy Notice, we do not guarantee that information supplied to us through the Site will be kept confidential and we may use it on an unrestricted and free-of-charge basis as we reasonably see fit.
- Accuracy of information and availability of the site
- We try to make sure that the Site is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, but we cannot promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that the Site will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on the Site, including any tools or resources, is at your own risk.
- We may suspend or terminate access or operation of the Site at any time as we see fit.
- Any Content is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our services, tools and resources, news, features, and other websites that may be of interest, but has not been tailored to your specific requirements or circumstances. It does not constitute health, technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purposes. You should always use your own independent judgment when using our Site and its Content.
- While we try to make sure that the Site is available for your use, we do not promise that the Site will be available at all times or that your use of the Site will be uninterrupted.
- Third party sites
The Site may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites other than the Site. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided either for specific services or for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third-party site and is at your own risk.
- Limitation on our liability
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any: i) losses that were not foreseeable to you and us when these Terms were formed; ii) losses that were not caused by any breach on our part; iii) business losses; and iv) losses to non-consumers.
- Events beyond our control
We are not liable to you if we fail to comply with these Terms because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- Rights of third parties
No one other than a party to these Terms has any right to enforce any of these Terms.
- No changes to these Terms are valid or have any effect unless agreed by us in writing or made in accordance with this clause 14.
- We reserve the right to vary these Terms from time to time. Our updated Terms will be displayed on the Site and by continuing to use and access the Site following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these Terms from time to time to verify such variations.
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently. If you are unhappy with us, please contact us as soon as possible using the contact details set out at the top of this page.
- Relevant United Kingdom law will apply to these Terms. If you want to take court proceedings, the relevant courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to these Terms.
DATE APPROVED : 23 JUNE 2021